Paris book signings - Ann Mah | Ann Mah

Paris book signings

By Ann | January 27, 2014

Salut, friends! I’m heading to Paris tonight! And I’m giving a book talk with Patricia Wells next week at the American Library in Paris, on Wednesday, February 5th at 7.30pm.

MasteringArtFrenchEating1  French Kitchen Cookbook

Patricia and I will interview each other (I’m preparing my hard-hitting questions now). Copies of both books will be for sale courtesy of WH Smith. There will also be free wine and snacks. If you’re in Paris, I hope you’ll join us!

la seine

A few other notes:

–Francophile and book lover extraordinaire, Robin Katsaros, is hosting a Champagne cocktail party & book signing with me and my beautiful French Word-a-Day friend, Kristin Espinasse, on February 6th at her home in Paris. She’s generously invited you guys — more information is here — including information on how to RSVP. Please come!

–I spent last week blogging at BonAppétit.com! Check out my post on Fondues and Don’ts (ha ha) and more.

–Have I mentioned that I’m flying to Paris tonight?! Stay tuned for updates on everything single thing that I consume.

Topics: Appearances, Paris | 25 Comments »

25 Responses to “Paris book signings”

1. french cravings Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 3:42 pm

How wonderful for you! Patricia is such a delightful person (I’ve taken two of her classes in Paris)…I only wish I was in Paris to join in the fun! And a party with Kristin, too? What an exciting time for you. Wishing you continued success with your book and other projects! x Katie

2. Anne - Music and Markets Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I have been so very tempted to train up from Aix for this event… and this update makes it even MORE tempting! My husband and I are slowly savoring your wonderful book together, Ann – it’s a treasure!

January 27th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Can’t wait to see you!!!

4. Joyce Fleming-Doyle Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

take me off your list…
    2nd request

5. Anita Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I wish I could be there for the events, but we don’t go to Paris until June. Have a great time!

6. Lynde Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Oh, I am so jealous. I fell in love with Paris on my trip last October. Will this be baby Lucy’s first trip?

Have a wonderful time in the beautiful city!

7. Devra Long Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

So tempting…………….

January 27th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

French Cravings — Lucky you to have taken Patricia’s class! They sound wonderful — and like so much fun!

Anne — I hope you come! Thank you for reading my book — I’m so happy you’re enjoying it.

Lindsey — And you, too, chérie!

Joyce Fleming-Doyle — I removed you this morning, after I hit send on this post. Sorry my response wasn’t as fast as expected. I’m not a robot!

January 27th, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Anita — Sorry to miss you, but ahhhh, Paris in June… My favorite time of year there.

Lynde — Paris is easy to love! Lucy is staying at home with her papa, but hopefully she’ll make a trip before her first birthday.

Devra — Viens! Kristin and I would love to see you! :)

10. Julie Farrar Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I so wish I could be there (anyplace but the frigid Midwest). When I finished your book I left it in my apartment in Dijon for all of my renters to enjoy. However, for Burgundy I selfishly wished that you had done “gougères” because I want to know the origin of that little cheese bite that shows up at any dinner party we attend in the region.

Tell Kristin hello from Julie in St. Louis/Dijon.

11. Heather in Arles Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 7:55 pm

So close and yet so far…oh, this one kills me that I can’t make it, I have to say. Beautiful you, Patricia Wells and Kristin? Wow. Have a wonderful time, Ann. It says so much about the lasting success of your book that these events are happening.
    Gros, gros bisous,
    Heather

January 27th, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Exciting news! Enjoy Paris (as if there were any other possibility)! I’ll be sure to check your recipes out over at Bon Appetit; maybe your words of wisdom will give me the push I need to make fondue at home?

Bon voyage! :)

13. Christine Griffith Says:
    January 27th, 2014 at 8:42 pm

How exciting for you,Ann….I would definitely come to your book talk at the ALP, if we were still living in Paris. I still keep in touch with Celeste, the children’s librarian and Mary Schmemann, whom I voulunteered with there. All the very best for the book talk and will look forward to hearing all about it in your next blog post…..bon voyage.:)

14. Bill Facker Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 12:57 am

Best wishes and hearty congratulations from the other side of the world .. Kauai. Salut to Kristin et Jean Marc. Aloha et bon voyage!

15. Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 12:58 am

Patricia Wells and Bon Appetit in the same post? And Paris? Hope you’ll remember us when you’re famous – wait, you already are!! XO ENJOY!!!!

16. Kim Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 1:40 am

How wonderful Ann – wish I was there, Kim x

17. French Basketeer Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 3:36 am

Oh how I wish I were there!! I picked up Patricia’s Paris cookbook this week for a little inspiration….I look forward to your post on the event!!!

18. Jeanne Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 4:01 am

Have a wonderful time, Ann. Congratulations on your book talk with Patricia Wells. That is wonderful. Enjoy your time in your beautiful home with the Eiffel Tower shining in the living room window. I wish I was there!

19. Indigo Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 5:31 am

THIS is when I so wish I lived in Paris. Or that I could just drop everything and grab a plane and hop on over. Sigh. What a fun line-up of book signings!

20. Robin Katsaros Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 10:20 am

UPDATE Ann!!: Anne & Kirk Woodyard are coming! I’ve just sent them the formal invite but they are coming to the Champagne Party as a result of your blog invite – super. And John and I can’t wait to meet them. Bisous, Robin Katsaros

21. Daisy de Plume Says:
    January 28th, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Love Fondues + Don’t!
    I have to find your FB invitation for the 6th, as the paperpost didn’t accept rsvps. Either way look forward to seeing you!

22. jeananne Says:
    January 29th, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Fantastic opportunity to meet you, Patricia and Kristin as well. I will miss seeing you since June is in view for my first visit to Paris. So excited. And delighted and comforted to know it is your favorite time of year there. Enjoy!

January 30th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

This will be a great event. I love the American Library!

24. Jill (MadAboutMacarons) Says:
    January 31st, 2014 at 7:01 pm

This is great news, Ann! Sounds like a wonderful evening and wow, also a Champagne evening? Doesn’t surprise me – you rock! Congratulations on the forthcoming events and enjoy them to the full. I’m hoping to be able to come on Wednesday evening, so much going on with kids just now but will do my best! Enjoy your time here!

25. adeline Says:
    February 1st, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Hope weather is sunny and warm in beautiful Paris. Dad and I will be thinking of you. Will try and make Mulligatawny soup this week.